Beanblossom Bottoms Grand Reopening
You’ve been waiting patiently while Beanblossom Bottoms Nature Preserve is closed during our boardwalk renovation project, and we’re so grateful! It’s been a tremendous amount of work, and we are so excited to open it to the public very soon. Please join us for the Grand Reopening, including a celebration to kick it off:
Saturday, May 18, 2019
Special celebration: 10am – 1pm
On opening day you can meet the crew, learn about the project and the nature preserve, sign up or renew your membership, and purchase brand-new Sycamore swag.
Be a Swamp Supporter
Taking care of Beanblossom Bottoms and all nature preserves requires dedicated, ongoing work. We need your help to continue our habitat restoration work and keep this beautiful boardwalk in its best shape!
Become a Swamp Supporter today and we’ll send you our new, limited-edition sticker. Anyone who donates $40 or more through the end of May will receive one! You’ll enjoy all our other membership benefits, too.
Tips for visiting Beanblossom Bottoms
– The preserve is still closed as we put on the final touches and make sure everything is safe. It will open to the public on May 18. We appreciate your patience until it’s open.
– Parking will be in high demand for a while; please be prepared to park SAFELY along Bottom Road and walk carefully to the preserve. We expect the lot to fill up fast.
– There are no restroom facilities at Beanblossom Bottoms (or any other Sycamore preserves)
– It’s a wetland! So even though this new boardwalk is sturdier and slip-resistant, always wear proper shoes and be prepared for mud/water. Always stay on the boardwalk; don’t step off onto the ground.
Learn more about the boardwalk renovation project
– The Twig, Winter 2019: this issue of our member newsletter was dedicated to stories about Beanblossom Bottoms.
– Video of the rebuild process
– Photos from the rebuild are on our Facebook and Instagram