Stocks and Securities
To learn more, please contact Development Director Ann Connors at email@example.com or 812-336-5382 ext 104. As always, consult your financial adviser for advice specific to your situation.
You can support Sycamore’s mission by donating stocks, securities, or other property, making a tax-free contribution directly from your donor-advised fund or IRA (including minimum-distribution requirements or qualified charitable distributions if you are age 70 1/2 or above), and seeing if your employer provides matching gifts to double the impact of your donation!
How To Donate Stock and other Securities:
Donating long-term securities, such as stocks, bonds and mutual funds, that have increased in value, directly to Sycamore Land Trust, enables you to support Sycamore’s mission and receive valuable tax benefits. The following is for informational purposes. Consult your tax advisor for advice.
- A federal income charitable contribution tax deduction based on the stock’s fair market value on the date of the gift (up to 30% of your adjusted gross income) if the stock was owned for more than one year;
- Carryover of the deduction for up to five additional years if the fair market value of the gift is more than 30% of your adjusted gross income; and
- Avoidance of capital gains tax of up to 20% that is due when you sell appreciated stock.
Note: Stock owned for one year or less is considered a short-term asset and usually won’t produce attractive tax benefits.
Stock held by an investment broker or Donor Advised Fund:
Give your investment broker or Donor Advised Fund manager the following information to transfer a gift of stock to Sycamore Land Trust, Inc:
- Sycamore Land Trust’s brokerage account is with Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
- Sycamore Land Trust’s account number is 4926-0644 and the DTC number is 0164.
Either you or your broker must contact Ann Connors at firstname.lastname@example.org or Susan Haislip at email@example.com with the name of the stock and the number of shares being transferred. This ensures the gift is properly credited and acknowledged.
Sycamore Land Trust’s EIN is 35-1830637