- County: Bartholomew
- Acres: 32
- Features: Diverse tree species, fall colors
- Year acquired: 2007
- Donated by: Irwin-Sweeney-Miller Foundation
- Trail: moderate, 0.6 mile
Tangeman Woods and the Outdoor Lab Trail
Tangeman Woods is a beautiful mixed hardwood forest with intermittent creeks. The Outdoor Lab nature trail, created by the Bartholomew County Soil and Water Conservation District in the 1970s, is still used for school field trips, including those conducted by Sycamore’s Environmental Education Program.
The preserve is named in memory of Clementine Tangeman, a past owner of the property and sister of Irwin Miller. The property was donated by the Irwin-Sweeney-Miller Foundation.
- From the intersection of SR 46 and Country Club Rd, go north on Country Club and turn left onto Old Nashville Rd.
- Parking is available at the fire department: be sure not to block their garage.