Have fun, meet new people, and make a real difference by volunteering with Sycamore Land Trust! You can help us build and maintain hiking trails, restore habitat for native species, offer environmental education activities, run successful events that bring people together, share our area’s beauty through photography, keep our office running smoothly, and more.
See the full list of current scheduled opportunities on our Events page.
- Stewardship: Attend a monthly workday, become a Sycamore Ranger or Preserve Steward, or sign up your group for a special volunteer day at a nature preserve. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Environmental Education: We welcome experts and naturalists to help us lead educational activities for the public. email@example.com
- Board of Directors: This team of experienced, committed volunteers provides strategic direction and oversight. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Annual Celebration: Help us solicit sponsors and in-kind donations, and plan other aspects of our annual fundraising gala. email@example.com
- Administration: We do several big mailings a year, and occasionally need regular office helpers for weekly administrative tasks. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photography: We greatly appreciate when photographers are willing to share with us their high-res photos from our nature preserves! email@example.com
Volunteering during the pandemic
Safety is our priority. We have limited volunteer activities to single-person projects by experienced volunteers. Stay tuned for upcoming group workdays as safety allows. If you would like to help with stewardship now, contact Chris Fox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us take care of the land at a workday! Get your hands dirty and learn more about land stewardship.